A game of tennis is played by hitting-striking the ball in a way that an opponent can not return it. It´s played on a rectangular court by two (singles) or four (doubles) persons.
The court is divided across the middle by a net.
A tennis game starts with the server tossing the ball into the air and hitting it with a racquet. The receiver returns the ball.
If a ball touches the line it is OK.
At the end of each game the receiver get into the server and the server get into the receiver.
The ball can bounce once.
SCORE IN A GAME
(a player can win o lose the point).
First point -15
If each player wins three points, the score is “Deuce”. After deuce the score is advantage.
The player who wins 6 games gets a set.
Draw, heads or tails, left or hand side, service, server, good luck, cheer up, come on, go for it, you are the best.
– Rotate clockwise or anti-clockwise
– The boundary line is good/ in
– Teams rotate each time they serve. They switch positions.
– You can not touch the net.
– The referee judges
– Game will be played to 25 points.
– A team scores a point by grounding the ball on the opponent´s court.
– To gain the serve.
– End line – side line – back boundary line – boundary lines
– Divided into 2 halves.
– Back row – front row.
– Serving team- opposing team.
– Attacker (player)
– To be on offence – The team on defence
– Ace: point in the serve
– Sideout: fault on the serve
– Roof- Stuff: blocks
– Dig: Prevent the ball from grounding
– Kill: Spike with a point.
– The ball contacts the floor.
– The player strikes the ball
– Serve: underhand and overhand serve, jump serve.
– Pass or reception: underarm pass or bumps – overhand pass with the fingertips.
– Dig: to prevent the ball from touching one´s court after a spike or attack.
It,s a game played with a small ball, between two teams of seven players.
The team that scores most goals, wins the match.
Each team is :
– a defender team (try to bother or obstruct the opponent-adversary team)
– and an attacking team (try to score a goal and pass the ball at your playmates)
The playing court has two goal areas and a playing area.
The goals are inside the goal area and must have a net.
RULES – FOULS (a team commits a violation of rules).
- The players avoid to enter the goal area (except for the goalkeeper)
- Two many steps without bouncing
- Holding the ball more than 3 seconds.
- Holding or pushing or hitting the opponent player.
- Throw in
- Free – throw
- The goalkeeper throw
- The 7-meter throw
- The throw off (at the start the game, each half, after a goal)
Athletics is a popular sport with different disciplines:
Hurdles (the 100 meters hurdles)
Maximum o top speed
ENGLISH LANGUAGE: beats, intensity, low, high, to take his pulse, to check beats, reaction time games
KEY WORDS: endurance, heart rate monitor, stretching, push- ups, step, sit- ups, strength, flexibility, speed
This week we start a new unit called ACROSPORT.
ACROSPORT is a part of Gymnastics. It is a team competition accompanied by music.
Teams must create different structures and build human pyramids in time with the music.
ACROSPORT is a sport that needs physical strength, stamina, rythm, coordination and balance. It´s a team sport, so your partners DEPEND ON YOU.
It combines the beauty DANCE and ACROBATICS. Gymnastic skills add excitement to the exercises. Acrobatic show grace, strength and flexibility.
CHOREOGRAPHY and SYNCHRONISATION add beauty and creativity to each exercise.
To sum up, the STRENGTH, the FLEXIBILITY, the BALANCE and CONCENTRATION are extremely relevant for a good performance.
Here you can watch some videos connected with the topic. Enjoy them. In addition you can read some interesting english vocabulary.
Form groups Skills
Lying position Lifter = stronger partner
To be aware Agile = lighter partner
Transition Face to face
Invent Back to back
First, second, third, fourth,…… On all fours
Rehearse Sitting down
To be held
Face up / Face down
Ya tenemos las fechas para la semana de esquí. Nos iremos a Ochagavia del 15 al 20 de enero. Os proporcionamos el listado:
– Gorro (que puede ser de diferentes materiales pero que en cualquier caso debe cubrir las orejas).
– Gafas específicas para la nieve.
– Pantalón o peto (lo más impermeable posible). Si tienes dos, puedes llevar los dos.
– Guantes (lo más impermeables posible y no pueden ser de lana).
– Chubasquero o anorak (hay que llevar otra cazadora para usarla por las tardes en caso de que la primera esté mojada). No valen los típicos plumíferos que al mojarse pesan un montón.
– Debajo del chubasquero es necesario llevar un polo o jersey que cubra el cuello. En su defecto se puede utilizar bragas.
– Calcetines gruesos.
– Bolsa de aseo
– Una toalla de ducha (importante).
– Crema solar y protector de labios.
– Ropa normal para utilizar por las tardes teniendo en cuenta que puede hacer frío.
– Una cantimplora o botella pequeña de plástico.
– Zapatillas deportivas (se utilizan para subir a las pistas en el autobús y poder guardarlas en la mochila mientras se esquía. Si se lleva para este fin otro tipo de calzado hay que asegurarse de que cabe en la mochila).
– Zapatillas de casa para los alojamientos.
– Zapatos o botas para utilizar por las tardes. Hay que tener en cuenta que el pueblo podría estar nevado. Que las lleven puestas y así se ocupa menos espacio en la maleta.
– Ropa interior, pijama,…….
– Una mochila para llevar cada día las botas de esquí y guardar las zapatillas.
Recordar, por último, que están prohibidos los teléfonos móviles y que la maleta debe ser transportada por los propios niños hasta el alojamiento. Por tanto, se requiere mucha eficacia a la hora de preparar la misma ( no te olvides de cosas necesarias y evita las innecesarias).
It is a game played with a hard ball and bat, between two teams of nine players each.
Baseball is the national game of theUnited States, because it is the most popular sport there. It is played by people of all ages.
The team that scores the most runs (when a batter goes through the bases and home) wins the game.
The pitcher in the defender team throws the ball towards the batter, a player on the attacking team.
The batter tries to hit the ball into the field. If he hits the ball he then runs around the bases.
The defenders in the field try to put him out.
Batters and runners can be put out in many ways.
The catcher tries to catch the ball thrown by the pitcher when the batter doesn´t want to hit the ball or can´t hit it.
The umpire decides if the ball thrown by the pitcher went through the right zone (over the base and in between the knees and shoulders of the batter).
To revolve around = foot landing
To defend. Defend one on one
Team – mate
- Korfball is played between two teams of eight players each.
- This sport is designed as a gender equal sport. It is played by four men and four women at the same time.
- Although it is similar to basketball, there are several differences between them.
- “DEFENDED” Checklist.
- The defender is nearer the post (basket) than the attacker.
- The defender is in front of the attacker.
- The defender is within an arm´s length of the attacker.
- The defender is actively defending. i.e. trying to block or intercepting the ball.
- Defend ONLY one on one.
- Things you cannot do in KORFBALL.
- Any contact or obstruction of player movement.
- Knocking the ball out of an opponent´s hand(s).
- Travelling. i.e. illegally moving with the ball.
- Touching the ball with the leg or foot.
- Solo – play. i.e. trying to move position by throwing and catching the ball oneself.
- Marking and defending a player of the opposite sex or grabbing hold of or moving the post.
dribbling – bouncing
throwing – shooting the ball to make a basket
to gain possession – to lose possession
to receive a foul
to make a basket, point, throw- to miss a throw (it goes in – it does not go in)
pivoting – stepping while holding the other foot still.
To tip the ball
inbounds (to pass the ball into the courts)
jump ball – tip off (to toss the ball up)
field goal – free throw
man to man
the basket is worth 3 points
scoring and court makings
out of bounds
free throw line
a hoop at each end
to line up
to lay on their backs
to have feet flat on the floor
to knock away other students´ball
to divede class into 2 teams
to come off the court
to fail to score
to dribble the basketball low and keeping their eyes up
ball control coordination – hand/eye coordination
to maintein control
to alternate hands
to bounce low to the ground