To revolve around = foot landing
To defend. Defend one on one
Team – mate
- Korfball is played between two teams of eight players each.
- This sport is designed as a gender equal sport. It is played by four men and four women at the same time.
- Although it is similar to basketball, there are several differences between them.
- «DEFENDED» Checklist.
- The defender is nearer the post (basket) than the attacker.
- The defender is in front of the attacker.
- The defender is within an arm´s length of the attacker.
- The defender is actively defending. i.e. trying to block or intercepting the ball.
- Defend ONLY one on one.
- Things you cannot do in KORFBALL.
- Any contact or obstruction of player movement.
- Knocking the ball out of an opponent´s hand(s).
- Travelling. i.e. illegally moving with the ball.
- Touching the ball with the leg or foot.
- Solo – play. i.e. trying to move position by throwing and catching the ball oneself.
- Marking and defending a player of the opposite sex or grabbing hold of or moving the post.